I’ve recently had the honor and the privilege to give an in-depth interview to the ACFE. It was published yesterday and is available here at the ACFE .
It provided a wonderful opportunity to reflect deeply and express my gratitude and appreciation for the many influences, challenges, and discussions over the years in academic, situational and professional settings. Not to forget the personal encounters, remarkable projects, and support I experienced and that underpin my motivation in fostering a better and broader understanding of fraud risk, effective controls, and applied ethics. Of course, it’s also a statement of deep appreciation for the ACFE organization and its members and an encouragement to share knowledge and mentor others in order to strengthen the professional community. Below the introductory paragraph compiled by the editors:
Britta Bohlinger, CFE, MA, BSc (Hons), Quality Manager and Auditor (IHK Berlin), founding director of RisikoKlár, is no stranger to debates or uncomfortable discussions. From a young age, she enjoyed lively conversations with her father about his work and later became active in academic association discussions. She said, “The element of informal mentoring was invaluable — a source of motivation, challenge and aspiration. [The discussions] were also a source of comfortable discomfort as being an active member always reminded me of how much more I needed to learn.” As the only female CFE in Iceland, she now brings her passion for discourse and spreading risk management knowledge […]
and the list of questions I answered:
- How did you first become passionate about fighting fraud?
- What is your current role and what does it entail?
- What caused you to start RisikoKlar?
- What is one of the biggest lessons you have learned since becoming a CFE?
- You’re very active in the online ACFE Community. In your opinion, how important is the exchange of ideas and knowledge between anti-fraud professionals?
- What is a memorable case or project that you have worked on; one that made you feel especially proud?
- How has earning the CFE credential benefited your career?
- What do you like about being an ACFE member?
- What activities or hobbies do you like to do outside of work?